Skwerl may require verification of any user to uphold the Skwerl Terms & Conditions. Possible reasons Skwerl might require you to verify your identity include:
- To determine ownership of duplicate accounts
- To determine ownership of linked accounts
- To assist you in resuming your account
- To determine ownership of accounts showing suspicious or high-risk activity
- Any other reason that Skwerl deems appropriate, including random checks to maintain the integrity of the marketplace
You will need to provide a scanned document in order to verify your identity. Do not crop, rotate, touch up, adjust colors, or alter the images in any way.
- Your current, valid government-issued photo ID
- This ID must include your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address, with the exception of passports, which do not need your address.
- The image must be a color scan that shows your photo and required data clearly. The four edges of the ID card must be visible in the scanned image. If the expiration date is on the back of your photo ID, then you should send us a scan of the back of the card, as well.
- Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets the criteria above. Even when issued by a government agency, we cannot accept documents like student IDs, employee IDs, or library cards.
Prepare for Verification
Before you begin:
- Gather and scan the necessary documents.
- If you need to verify the authenticity of an identity verification request, contact support.
Your Skwerl profile must be consistent with your verification information:
- Skwerl profile picture must be consistent with ID picture
- Skwerl profile name must match both government ID and statement
- Skwerl profile payment methods must match name on government ID and statement or provide additional documentations showing legal authorization/ownership.
If you are unable to verify your identity, Skwerl may, at our discretion:
- Suspend payments from your account
- Suspend all of your contracts
- Suspend or close your account
- Suspend or close suspected duplicate accounts
Warning—Deliberately uploading falsified documentation is a crime and violators will be permanently suspended. Skwerl may report users who attempt to send fake or falsified documents.
Identity Review Process
Skwerl will review your uploaded content to ensure it matches our criteria. This usually takes three to four business days. Skwerl will notify you when we complete the review. In addition to the verification process above, may require you to submit additional documentation or a short live video call (Skype or Google Hangout).